I feel lucky I had the chance to study the human body parts and functions. I bet you – it’s one of the most interesting studies of human kind. From the minutest pat to the largest each part has function to make us a happy and content organism. The knowledge of each function awed me and interested classmates when we realized their vital important to the whole body system.
I did not get an A in this subject but surely I did pass. One semester is too short for me to study the whole body system. From time to time I still leaf through the pages of my own Anatomy book and I really enjoy reading and trying to instill in my mind things ought to be remembered. 😀
While listening to him telling us remarkable stories in relation to the Legacy of Education, it brought me back to the time when me and my siblings were still in school (from primary to college). The primary school time for maybe was the worst for my mom because she did it alone — no one to help her. But I never heard her complain but I have seen how she trimmed down whatever money comes to her so just we can have a “good education.” The simple foods on the table, her 3 pairs of uniform for 1 year and 1 pair of shoes not changed unless the sole will be real tattered. I can’t forget that her white shoes. she goes towork in white, goes out onerrands in her white shoes and even to church in white shoes, because it was just what she have. Then one day, our dog playfully bit on her shoes and it was torn, and yet Mom still use it to work. I think I have one picture of her wearing that shoes later with the torn front. It always remind me of my mom’s sacrifices in the name of education.
Thingking about it now, it pains my heart, especially when I have extra money myself, I find myself buying a pair of shoes almost every month if not every other month (that is my way of treating myself especially when I had difficult weeks/months). My mom has never experience splurging whatever money she has on anything she wants for herself – just so we her children can have school uniform, books in school, and shoes to wear.
Anyway, me and my sister was done with college and our younger brother — still schooling until the moment and he has been to many schools and yet my mom never get weary in sending him to school as long as he can have at least he can finish 1 professional degree. Lucky for him now because he has my sister to help him. But even then — I am sure my mom will try her best, even to the max of sweating blood for her child to finish school.
My point is == No matter how hard life is, no matter how meager our income is, we should not get weary in encouraging or pushing our kids in school. We still won’t be rich in the end (possibly) but our children will be rich in the name education, a property or something that can never be taken away from them by anyone.
Because of recent abductions in daylight hours , refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation. This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.
After reading these 9 crucial tips , forward them to someone you care about, by mouth, email, or call, or blog. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1 Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM . Toss it away from you…. chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead run the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it . As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat
B..) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door . Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C..) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic. STOP ! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her “Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, “We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night. Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby —- This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America ’s Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life.
After reading this, I felt my heart beating fast and my thoughts on my daugther. huh! such a crazy world. HOpe you my friends out there can benefit good from this entry. I care for everyone in my list and the list you have in your pages, so am sharing this entry.
Have a good day everyone!
Repost from Virtualmvc (Cyberflashes)