for everything going around you…
That’s my job.
Because of recent abductions in daylight hours , refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation. This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.
After reading these 9 crucial tips , forward them to someone you care about, by mouth, email, or call, or blog. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1 Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM . Toss it away from you…. chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead run the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it . As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat
B..) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door . Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C..) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic. STOP ! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her “Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, “We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night. Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby —- This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America ’s Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life.
After reading this, I felt my heart beating fast and my thoughts on my daugther. huh! such a crazy world. HOpe you my friends out there can benefit good from this entry. I care for everyone in my list and the list you have in your pages, so am sharing this entry.
Have a good day everyone!
Repost from Virtualmvc (Cyberflashes)
Greece (the Ruins)
Thailand (Bangkok & Chiangmai)
Kuwait (my love is there)
Bahrain ( to meet Mitch and Deye)
Riyadh, KSA (Mecca)
Iran & Iraq
The Netherlands (Holland)
South Africa (Johannesburg)
USA ( all states) =)
I love travelling. I love the feeling of being in a moving bus, boat, train or flying plane. Just don’t let me sit beside someone who easily gets airsick or carsick or bus sick because no doubt i will also get sick. =)
Even am not financially well to do –BUT i don’t stop wishing to travel. Aftre taking the Lakbayan test , I made this list of “want to see/visit” places here and abroad.
Let me start with the Philippines. In the following places, i wanna see the “pride” of their place. Their food specialty. I wanna see the crafts they major. And also see the country side.
– Are achievement oriented
– Are more dominant
– Receive more physical punishment
– Are allowed to show more aggression to siblings
– Have stronger consciences, are self-disciplined and inner directed
– Are more socially anxious
– Are prone to feelings of guilt
– Identify more with parents than with peers
– Are more conservative
– Are subject to greater parental expectations
– Begin to speak earlier in life
– Demonstrate higher intellectual achievement
– Plan better and experience fever frustrations
– Have more demands on them for household help
– Are praised less often
– Receive less of parent’s time
– Learn to communicate and be adaptable
– Are less stimulated toward achievement
– Are more difficult to characterize because of variety of positions in the family
– Are less dependent than firstborn children
– Are less tense, more affectionate, and more good-natured
– Tend to identify more with peer group than with parents
– Are more flexible in their thinking
– Are popular with classmates
– Have fewer demands placed on them for household help
ONLY CHILDREN (ONLY-CHILD):
– Resemble firstborn children
– Are more mature and cultivated
– Experience great parental pressure for mature behavior and achievement
– Demonstrate superiority in language facility
– Rarely, develop into stereotype of spoiled, selfish child
– Often enjoy a rich fantasy life as a result of isolation)
The first “real” job i had after college was in a hospital. I worked in an environment with many nurses and doctors. For more than a year, i stayed in a dormitory that most of the occupants are nurses and one of the things that made me envy them is their time of work — their 8 hour shift. Some of them will go overtime for another 8 hours — but still i like their working time of 7-3/3-11/11-7 or 6-2/2-10/ 10-6.
I like their shifting time for the following reasons: 1. it seems their working time is soon to finish compared to the 8 hours spent in an office. 2. when they take off from work, they can rest awhile and then go out for an errand or shopping. 3. NOC shift – you get home the next day, sleep for 5 hours and you still have remaining day hours to go out to the mall. Unlike us in the office — we get in at 8 and finsih work at 5 or 5:30. If you have plans of malling or shopping, you have to hurry or else the shops will be closed at 7 pm. You arelucky if you are in Manila where shops closed at 8 pm, but you also have beat the traffic.
Presently, I am still working in a health environment and most of my workmates (the Clinical Instructors) i envy them when they get to go home at 3 pm — because their shift is over. They are on their way home at 3 pm and i still have 2 hours or more to stay in the office. Haiiiii….am not jealous– am just admiring them. Wish am one of them.
The reason why am blabbing about this — it is because at times, IT TAKES TIME TO FINISH THE 8 HOURS.